What is new in Summer Reader 2013?
Rating: 5/5 from 1 votes | Last Updated: Tue, May 7, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Summer Reader version 10 was released in March of 2013. Customers will get this new version starting in March and through the following couple of months.
This version did not create any major user interface or workflow changes, however, it did fine tune existing Summer Reader features.
THE TOP THREE ITEMS TO NOTE ARE:
- As we do each year, we've created new styles templates to apply to your programs' page(s).To preview, download, and use 2013 style templates and certificates, please check here for information: http://kb.evanced.info/article.php?id=496
If your library is part of a state-wide contract, your templates will be uploaded to your Summer Reader site automatically by April, 1st 2013!
- Streamlined password retrieval process and eliminated the ability to create a non-secure "Username Only” and "Library Card" log in option.
If you have active programs at the time of this update, passwords will need to be created for your participants. This can be done from the registrant's record by selecting the "Change Password" button.
- Introduction of Amazon email service for Evanced-hosted customers. Please read this important information about how this will work: http://kb.evanced.info/article.php?id=504
- Last is an item that is applicable ONLY for Evanced- hosted customers who have been authenticating program registrants by their library cards; against their patrons database "ILS”. All of these authentication connections are now going through our new and central server for that purpose.
The IP address of this server is ”220.127.116.11” and the IP address of its backup server is "18.104.22.168". Please make sure to add these two IP addresses to the list of your ILS' firewall exceptions to avoid issues with your Summer Reader's authentication setup this year. Your library's ILS administrator is your best resource to help you accomplish this task.
More information about authentication in Summer Reader is available here: http://kb.evanced.info/article.php?id=148
OTHER CHANGES FOR VERSION 10:
- Improved management of the patrons' database with better visibility of registered and unregistered users and easier access to action options.
- Easier style template and header graphics application. The NEW "Visual Setup" button is now available from the program's setup page; making it very easy to apply a style template to your program's page.
- Better user communication via clearer messages, additional help tips and resources.
- Enhanced Family and Group Registration functionality.
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
How to export and import a program’s style sheet in Summer Reader
Viewed 1161 times since Mon, Nov 21, 2011
How to Setup a Certificate in Summer Reader When You Have Its Link?
Viewed 2771 times since Mon, Mar 25, 2013
Summer Reader Evanced Style Templates Archive
Viewed 3263 times since Fri, Jan 18, 2013
Summer Reader Language/Text Troubleshooting
Viewed 906 times since Wed, Jan 23, 2013
Viewed 2091 times since Wed, Sep 28, 2011
Tiered Prize Messages Setup for Prizes Won for Each Level
Viewed 1463 times since Mon, Oct 17, 2011
How do I add text to the landing page?
Viewed 1225 times since Thu, Oct 6, 2011
Summer Reader 2013 Evanced Style Templates and Certificates
Viewed 9518 times since Fri, Feb 8, 2013
How to Load a Style Template to a Program in Summer Reader Version 10
Viewed 1286 times since Mon, Mar 25, 2013
How To Setup Widgets for Summer Reader 2013
Viewed 4238 times since Tue, Apr 9, 2013