Events and Room Reserve
A Guide to Functions and Responsibilities
The intention of this information sheet is to provide a hight level overview of Events and Room Reserve as standalone applications and as partners. When working together, each retains its original functions (except those related to holidays and closings) while benefiting from cross-functional strengths.
|Events provides tools for:
||Room Reserve provides tools for:
|Library staff have the ability (based on security level) to:
||Library staff have the ability (based on security level) to:
|Patron access is limited to:
||Patron Access is limited to:
|The spaces where events are held:
||The spaces where meetings are held:
|Holidays and other closings are managed by Events when Events:
||Holidays and other closings are managed by Room Reserve when Room Reserve:
What Happens When They Work Together?
When Events and Room Reservation are partnered:
- Room Reservation appear on the Events Calendar at the discretion of the library. Both Room Reservation and Events recognize reservations conflicts regardless of a reservation's appearance on the Events Calendar.
- Events that use rooms configured in Room Reserve always appear on the Room Reserve calendar.
- Locations created in Events are not available to Room Reserve, unless they are configured as rooms in Room Reserve.
- Rooms configured in Room Reserve are always available to Events
- When Events and Room Reserve are partnered, Events assumes custody of holiday and closing functions